S'Mores In A Jar! What could be better? Combining the flavors of the familiar campfire treat with the seasonal sweetness of Peeps ® brand marshmallow candies, this recipe creates easy holiday gifts in a jar for all occasions. Choose your Peeps to match the season!
This gifts in a jar recipe is easy enough for children to make. To create this Mason jar gift, you'll layer crushed graham crackers, Marshmallow Peeps, brown sugar and chocolate pieces in a clear glass canning jar.
Spiffed up with a fabric topper, pretty ribbon and free printable gift tags, S'Mores In A Jar make a happy holiday treat for holidays throughout the year.
1. Place graham crackers in a zipper freezer food storage bag. Use a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush crackers into crumbs. (You'll need about 1 1/2 cup of crushed crumbs: one "sleeve" of graham crackers, or about 10 whole crackers equals 1 1/2 cup when crushed.)
2. Place graham cracker crumbs into quart-sized canning jar. Use a meat tenderizer to pack crumbs tightly into the bottom of the jar.
3. Place Peeps candies against the glass on all sides of the canning jar. Press lightly to create a well in the center of the jar. (You'll use approximately 2/3rds of the package; our Halloween recipe used 6 of a 9-pack package of Ghost Peeps.)
4. Add brown sugar to the space in the center of the Peeps, pressing gently to pack.
5. Gently add chocolate chips or M&Ms to the top of the canning jar. Seal jar with lid and sealer ring.
6. Embellish jar with fabric circle, ribbon or raffia.
7. Print a free printable gift tag, or create your own tag with the recipe below.
Use one of the seasonal S'Mores in a Jar gift tags linked below, or create your own gift tag with this S'Mores In A Jar Recipe:
S'Mores In A Jar Recipe
Empty jar into large bowl. Remove marshmallows and combine remaining ingredients, mixing well.
Snip marshmallows into small pieces with scissors. Return to bowl; stir into dry mix.
Melt 1/2 cup butter, and add melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/3rd cup buttermilk to bowl. Mix well.
Press lightly into greased 9-by-9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
More information: Tips to Make Gifts in a Jar